Should a family/friend shoot your wedding?

I didn't have a professional photographer at my wedding.

My parents are super thrifty and spent hours & hours putting the whole thing together on a shoe-string budget.  Photography was definitely not a priority because of the cost.


In the end, it really was amazing how beautiful my wedding turned out with so little money.  It's just too bad I don't have any pictures to show you how beautiful it was.

The following images are what I have to remember my wedding day.
 So many weddings are a low-lighting nightmare for beginner photographers. If you hire a family/friend who hasn't dealt with these situations, you are going to end up with blurry, dark, grainy images like these.








 Can you imagine the difficult time I had documenting these important moments in a scrapbook?
 Several family/friend hobbyists will call themselves "professional photographers" but have only shot outdoors or in a studio.  A wedding is a whole new ballgame, and if they let the camera run on auto, you'll be seeing a lot of blown out flash.



These images are just the beginning of the stack of dark, blurry pictures I have from my wedding.

Don't let this happen to you. Photography is the expense you can't afford to cut out, because it really preserves everything else you've spent for that special day.

With the experience of over 60 weddings behind me, I know what it takes to capture the ambiance of these low-light situations perfectly. 

Check out my gallery of weddings here
Call to book me today! 801-897-1554

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!