Pictures Preserve Treasured Memories

I do not post the following experience lightly.

People ask me all the time why I got into photography.  Through personal experience, I recognize there are situations in life where a picture really is all you have.

Four and a half years ago to the week of this post, I had a baby girl who came into my world and graced my presence for one night.  She was a perfect little angel. She was spared the turmoils of living in this world.  But as her mommy who had spent 9 months looking forward to holding her, one night would never be enough time to hold her in my arms and see her beautiful face.


Too soon, my time with her was over, and I would never be able to see her again in this life.  I began to wonder if it were all a dream.  I began to forget what my little daughter looked like. 

Pictures are my only tangible memories of her.  During that moment, I did not realize why I would want any pictures.  I am forever thankful to the nurses who encouraged us to take them anyway.  I will treasure these precious pictures for the rest of my life.

I believe in documenting valuable memories in scrapbooks & videos.  Children grow up much too quickly, and you will cherish looking back on those times they were so small.  In everything I do with photography, I try to capture moments. 

A videographer friend told me how thankful one of his clents was that she had taken video at her wedding.  Her grandfather had passed shortly after the wedding, and she had some of her last moments with him recorded.

I volunteer for a nonprofit organization called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.  We come into the hospital for those families who lose babies and capture treasured memories for them in photographs.  If you know of anyone who needs my services, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Bethany Sell
801-897-1554
rememberyours@live.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!